Friday, January 30, 2009

Online Shopping is Addictive!!

One of the great things about studying abroad was that I had my own credit card linked to my own account. Which meant, I managed my money entirely. No parents to interrogate me when the credit card bill of my supplementary card came. Nope. Nothing of that sort.

So the whole 100% personal credit card brought shopping to a whole new level! Kick started by my dad of course. See, my dad is a techie (serious techie), so one day, while chatting on MSN, he popped the question - Why don't you go buy yourself an ipod. O_O So what does one do when one's father offers the chance to purchase oneself a new ipod? TAKE THE OFFER LAH!!! So take the offer I did!! Muahahahaha! Dad found out that in Aussie, I was able to get a 20% student discount if I bought it directly from their website. I logged in, and that was my first internet purchase.

Then I wanted a proper case for the ipod, since the one I knitted just couldn't cushion it well enough. That's when I stumbled upon ebay. Heard of it previously but had never ventured into its deep dark realm. Long story short... I was hooked onto online shopping and ebay became my good friend. Sighs.

Took me a while to actually snap out of it. But when I did, THANK GOD!

It has been 4 years since I stepped foot into ebay. Last week, in his neverending quest of guitar perfection, the hubby dilligently browsed, researched, calculated, analyzed, browsed, researched, calculated, analyzed the web again and again for the best bargains on his Seymour Duncan Jazz Zebra neck pickup (yeah, heard so much bout it that I actually remember its full name). The result: A great steal from ebay.com. Since I already had an account with ebay, I did the purchasing for him... and that was it! The tightly sealed door to that dark realm was yanked open!! Since then I've been surfing online for online boutiques, beading supplies what not. =( but......Thank God! I've not made any purchases in these 2 days... there have been temptations... check that.... MANY temptations. But I'm still holding strong! Gosh, I'm going to need to get the hubby to change my password and keep it hidden from me!! Bahhhh.

Say No to Addictive online shopping! Tak Nak!

No comments:

Post a Comment