Friday, December 12, 2008

Sher Dislikes Research.... Very much!!!

= ( = ( = (

As the title proclaimed.... i do not like research. But it is inevitable!! No research = no thesis = no graduation = no masters degree = 2 years + wasted = plain dumb. Sigh.... As part of thesis requirement, I have to define my topic, dig through tonnes of literature, decide on what I would like to research about, plan my research (while making sure I can defend every bit of my plan) <--- WORST part of research, write a proposal, submit it to the ethics review board, wait for their go ahead, actually carry out my plan, gather data, analyze data (this part I don't like), formulate conclusions, write a 20,000 word paper, and defend my research in front of many experts.
= ( = ( = (

I DO NOT like research!! I've started planning this since last year, and I thought I actually did a good job! But... after review it a year later, I realized lots of flaws! The biggest hit was when I realized the underlying structure of my proposal was really really far fetched and unrealistic. Time is running, and I'm stuck. I find a flow, and realize it won't work. So it's been like that for a while: find a flow -> follow it -> dead end -> back to the drawing board


Everything is still a blur.... God.... please help me! I want to graduate...

No comments:

Post a Comment