Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Half Empty or Half Full?

Last October, we decided to start planning for our trip to Australia (Sydney) in 2009. That time, the feud between AirAsia and MAS had just started getting interesting. The best possible deal then was MAS's super saver return ticket to Melbourne at RM1,800 (including taxes etc.). Compared to Air Asia's close to RM2,000 to Melbourne. Direct flights to Sydney were about RM4k+. So that was it, we decided to buy return tickets KL-MLB via MAS and trasit to SYD via Virgin Blue.

Yesterday, MAS in its competition frenzy, introduced super saver rates to other places including Sydney!! Return tickets KL-SYD = RM1,600. At that point, I felt like my whole universe crumbled... I coul've easily saved RM 1,100 per person... Sigh... Imagine how far that amount could've stretched in Aussie??

Called Justin, and he reminded me about a few truths (nice counseling skills dar XD) and he was supportive through it all, despite actually having to spend a whooping RM2,200 extra, he reassured me over and over that all was still good! But the most insightful thing was what Jenn Ming said to me "Sher, you're still going to Australia! Should thank God weh" That got me thinking, Half Empty or Half Full? Funny isn't it? How we easily zoom in on the half empty part, and take trips down "if-only" road, take "what-if" stops, and wallow in "I should've" pools.

I may have, on hind sight, ended up causing the darling hubby to fork out more money, but Heck, I'm still going to Aussie!!! God is still good, God still provides more than we hope for or dream! The more than I hope for part in this was a deeper understanding of just how patient, forgiving, and supporting my husband is. =D Ooo one more thing, because we're flying to MLB first, we're actually spending 2 nights there! Muahahahaha! I may be lowering cognitive dissonance, but aren't paradigm shifts partly made of that? =D

Sooooooo the glass is HALF FULL BABY!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Yesterday my parent's bought tickets from KL to Melbourne for at a cheap price but forgotten to buy the return tickets...in the end had to fork out RM1000 plus per person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiks~!!! Did they try asking MAS if they could change it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope... My parents bought both tickets from AirAsia... The total price is still cheaper compared to MAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo yayaya! cause the super saver fare to Melb sold out d.

    ReplyDelete