Friday, February 13, 2009

A Valentine's prayer

As we soul-search and brain-wreck to find the best things to write on V-day cards, to find the best place to go or the best gift to give, take time to reflect on the author and founder of love. Ever loving, ever patient, it was He who first loved us. And because of Him, we can now truly love. Here's a prayer take off from Crosswalk's "Encouragement for Today".

Dear Lord, Thank You for first loving me, and for showing me what love truly is. I'm so grateful You invited me to be Yours. Like a bouquet of exquisite roses in a simple earthen vase, I treasure Your presence in this "jar of clay." May others see You displayed in me this Valentine's, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

Happy Valentine's! As my student so wisely put it, V-day isn't just for lovers, it's a great time to remember and cherish those whom you love and who love you - family, friends alike!


No comments:

Post a Comment